Camera Slider DIY Tutorial
This video tutorial show you how easy it is to build up a professional Camera Slider… Yes you can!!
It is realy easy! Very, very easy! All you need are some special stuff and 10 minutes time.
Over 185000 other people watched the tutorial movie…
Here is your shopping list:
- 1 MANFROTTO 501PL camera plate – Price: approx. 22 $
- 1 M5 bold with a shim and a 8mm / 0.31 inch nut – Price: approx. 1-2 $ – DIY market next to you
- 1 MANFROTTO 701HDV PRO FLUID VIDEO MINI HEAD – Price: approx.125 $
- 1 MANFROTTO 501HDV HEAD – Price: approx. 185 $
- 1 MANFROTTO 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs – Price: approx. 180 $
- MANFROTTO 501PL camera plate
IGUS DryLin® W shuttle plate
IGUS DryLin® W rail – this is a short version you need a 1000mm / 39,37inch version
M5 bold with a shim and a 8mm nut
Important: If you use the drilling machine – please protect your eyes with special eyeglasses!
Here are some pictures from the final version of the camera slider.
Special TIPS:If you planning to order the IGUS-rail, think about the length – a short one for travel (800mm – 1000 mm) – a big one for studio (1200mm – 2000 mm).
Also thing about the tripod two tripods for long rails are best.
When you build up some plastic or wood blocks under the rail you can make good shoots from the flour.
If you will use heavy ca meras thin about a bigger rail-system – look at the IGUS website (i use this slider with a canon eos 7d on a rig with matte-box and follow focus and have no problems)